Friday, February 26, 2010

How do I dye my red highlights back to my natural black hair color?

Its been a month since I added dark red highlights (not bright red) to my plain black hair and now I want to dye it back black.





So my Question is:


1. If I dye the red over with black, it won't turn into a tragic (ex: orange) hair color will it?


2. Should I wait longer before dyeing it again?


3. What brand would you recommend that is a best back hair dye?











I don't plan on going to a hair salon to do this btw...How do I dye my red highlights back to my natural black hair color?
Black is a really strong dye color and it will most likely cover the red, especially if its been a month. I wouldn't advise that you try to color your hair after immediately dyeing it, since dyed hair doesn't absorb any more dye, but I would say a month is sufficient time to let your hair become more porous.





I would also advise coloring your whole head, just so that you get an even color.





Feria is an excellent choice, and in my opinion better and more permanent than those other brands, like Manic Panic or Special Effects. I've also noticed that it also doesn't kill your hair, which is always a plus.





Good luck! And if you can, get someone to help you!





(+) as for the Colour Rays, yes I've used it as well and I can say that it IS permanent, but the colors tend to fade really fast, especially the reds.How do I dye my red highlights back to my natural black hair color?
You don't have to worry about your hair turning orange or anything. Black hair dye covers everything. I recommend using L'Oreal Feria - Black Leather. I think that is the perfect hairdye. When I used it, it made my hair look super shiny and healthy. It is also a jet black colour but doesn't look so harsh (and I have pretty light skin). It is also a true black shade. You have to be careful because a lot of black hair dyes come with a base colour which means they can look red, blue, purple or even green in the light. This hairdye however just looks black, even in the sunlight or bright indoor lights. I tried a black hair dye before and it was horrible because my hair was more blue than black. The Black Leather hairdye also lasts super long. I dyed my hair last August and my hair STILL looks black even thought I haven't dyed it dark since.
It won't turn orange, that's for sure, since you are going to use black. I'd advise against using black, since it is far too harsh for you. Very rare people have true black hair, but rather they have dark brown. That would look much better on you.





Waiting is not going to make any difference, I have no idea why you think it would. If it was a demi-, you would never be able to see the red. What you used was a mild bleach with red colour in it, so you may have a bit of a difference when you colour you hair, but if you use any dark colour, such as the dark brown, you will cover everything. The only way to remove that red is to cut them off.





I have never used any of the drugstore shelf products (don't think very highly of them), so can't recommend one over the other. They are about all the same, so it doesn't matter much.

No comments:

Post a Comment