Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Jet black hair color help?

So I bought some hair dye hoping to get my hair back to its natural color and it turned jet black. This happened to me a few years ago too. I do remember being able to dye over it, it was still dark but more of a dark brown not gothic black. However I can't for the life of me remember what hair dye brand was able to do it. If any of you have had this problem and were able to dye over it to a dark brown color can you tell me what brand you used. I will be forever grateful to whoever can help me correct this hair blunder.





I realize going to the salon would be the best option but I do not have that kind of money. And I'd prefer to not bleach or use a strip kit on my hair.Jet black hair color help?
i'm sorry to hear about this but to be honest, the simple answer is you probably won't get the black lighter unless it fades or you grow it out! ):


maybe if you wash your hair a bit more often than usual in slightly warmer water with normal shampoo and conditioner (instead of colour care) it'll encourage the dye to fade slightly leaving a brown instead of black? i've dyed my hair black (it was intended though, oh dear at my dye choice) before and these techniques did make the colour fade before i attempted to lighten it.


but i think the simple answer if you'll have to lighten it- look for a lightener rather than a bleach as these tend to be kinder to my hair (this might just be my hair type though) or use a low volume bleach (20 vol). then dye over the slightly lightened hair with a browny colour? you haven't mentioned what your natural hair colour is but i can't see you getting black hair any lighter than a mid-brown without serious bleaching or a salon trip!


good luck and make sure you get a good conditioning treatment if your ends go a bit frizzy if you do lighten- or get the ends snipped off!

No comments:

Post a Comment